Thursday, February 16, 2006

~Succumbing Yet Again To Love @ First Sight, but Suffering From the Aftermath~

Are you a victim of the ever-succumbing yet teasing temptations of love? Not just love though, but love tagged along with a condition of pure naivety. A metaphor commonly expressed through the actions of Cupid, or a state of mind Casanova often was in, having given him the utmost benefit of doubt. It is not just a mere affiliation of great love, but even greater is its celestial attributes that contribute to one of the world’s most bizarre yet extraordinarily-heart-warming kind of love. It is the wondrous innocence of love, with it happening at first sight.

Well, not exactly first sight though… She was an ex-classmate of mine for 3 years during secondary school. Strangely, throughout the 3 years, we barely spoke to each other. On a rough scale for the reader’s sake, say…less than 10 complete sentences all put together? Just about there I reckon…

I didn’t have much MSN contacts back then as my desktop was pretty screwed up. So after I axed the old bugger and upgraded to a more competent one, my virtual-electronic alter-ego began to flourish. My good pal Waully then sent me a whole load of MSN contacts after my whinny complains of having too little contacts online. He began offloading e-mails to me in bulks, having me sent acknowledgement requests without knowing who’s who. In no time, my MSN was filled with contacts of various foreign names I did not know of. It was only when they logged on and being crossed-verified by me, then would I come to know this contact of mine: ~{Missy Venus}~ on MSN was actually a guy…Well, a partial guy too sissy to function though. He’s gay.

It had been a month since I last gotten the contacts from dude Waully. Most contacts had been verified by me personally, less a few insignificant others who either just totally missed my logging on timing, or that they just have a contact for the sake of having one. God-damned posers.

Then, on that faithful day, one of those god-damned posers logged on. Finally I say, although she needed no introduction or verification. She had her actual name flashed as her virtual being.

A harmless approach from yours truly, turned out to a flourishing conversation, much of it about the past and what’s been going on in each other’s lives since the day we parted after collecting our GCE ‘O’ Levels Certificate. Slowly, the progression makes way from MSN to SMS, then to VCN… Verbal Communication’s Net.

As usual, all potential couples would undergo a phase where they feel their partners have certain similarities as compared to themselves. It’s not what you actually think, that your partner’s god-send, the both of you a perfect pair heavenly matched. It’s just a human deficiency, to actually self-deceive oneself, which in turn elevates that moment of seemly-love. Ah, the wonders of the heavenly beings I say.

Through progressive VCN, I initiated the first movie date, on a Friday dated 10/02/06. We had simple fare at a nearby food place before heading to catch a blockbuster entitled: “Casanova” I enjoyed it, though it seemed my date was rather disillusioned, somewhat caught up in her own world. I credited her behavior to the fact that she was a Chinese teacher, and was very accustomed to the Mandarin culture, hence thus.

Other than the language issue, all went pretty well. And as I left her in the MRT, it had struck me that I had taken a liking for this girl. Three words to describe this girl? Demure, bluntly-polite and spitefully-loveable. I’m falling…

Fast-forward to the second date, where we met up on a Monday morning of 13/02/06 to the zoo. My best-est sister, Su-Anne told me something:” Hey Josh, she likes you! I can tell, if not why would she agree to go on a zoo-outing with you? A girl does not just to the zoo with just any guy, you know?”

I was glad to hear that, I mean, who wouldn’t? I met her down at my place, as she drove and I didn’t. We headed to the zoo, where we had quite a fair share of fun. Then after 3 hours of walking around, we conquered the zoo and settled for a pizza place off the entrance for lunch.

After which, we headed down to Orchard, where I did some grocery shopping, and after that, went to catch another blockbuster: ’The Constant Gardener’. Yet again, it was not her type of show, but neither was it mine. We chatted a little in the cinema. Well, a little really meant a little.

Once more, we fast forward to the morning dated 15/02/06, where I offered to accompany her to send her sister to school, while we wait for her to knock off in an hour and a half later. Time well spent, I say. We had breakfast, then we did our own work till her sister came. But of course, it the midst, we shared that slight moment of affection. I had really fallen…

And now, I am leaving the country in less than 24 hours time. I am suffering. I am but frail. Who is to blame? God? Did He ever appear in any of the scenes in the first place? Well, perhaps he was blooming in some of the backdrops I was sharing with her. Oh well, still the blame shall be weighed on my shoulders. I hurt her…I reckon…

Josh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi josh,
hav been folowing ur blog for quite some time,introduced by a mutual friend of us,haha,heard n read u left the country to "A*****"land,all the best in ur endeavors for the lady n life,n also would like to rad more of ur writings,feel good reading ur blog entry as in the "rosti" story..haha
tc,

Josh. said...

Dear 'friend of a friend :-)'
It's great to hear of another person other than myself that enjoys reading this blog. Your encouragement's what spurs me on to write more. Hope you enjoy~

(Who's that bloody mutual friend?!I hate guessing, and I wanna know!)

Cheers~

Anonymous said...

Hee.. Haven't sleep yet, waiting for hair to dry, was surfing the net and then suddenly thought of this, so come and read this post again.. Hee.. Although I've read it for don't know how many times before.. Hee.. Because it was very well written mah.. So sweeeeeet.. Hehe.. :P Jia You k, continue to write and write more, I love to read the stuffs you wrote!!

you know who said...

I shall quit coming here to read, only one post for me but so many others about her..